Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Middle-ish

My life and middle are synonymous.  I was the middle child of five, I'm a Libra, and I love to be neutral.  I like to spend my time listening to both sides of things and tend not to side with any one idea until I'm completely passionate about the idea or have had a convincing experience with the subject.

I was thinking this morning about my political status on Face Book, which I listed as "hopeful."  I get so upset with the decisions of both parties; I'm convinced neither are interested in our country any more...just their own political motives.  I can't see how people with enough money to run for congress can have an objective view of American people, typical American people.  So, I simply remain hopeful, prayerful, and faithful.

Being a middle-ish person has it's disadvantages.  Making decisions is not the easiest task; but once made, I seldom have regrets.  Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees; but, I love to reside among the trees.  Taking time to explore the crevices of bark, breathing in the fresh smells of the forest, and being lost from a man-made world engages me to re-enter life. 

As I move from my middle-ish stance, passion takes over.  I'll always be OSU orange, not that other team's red.  Don't even think about dissing my family or friends.  I become the protective lioness.  If you know me, you know not to say anything negative about teaching; I'll come at you for hours with examples of passionate teachers who give their all.

When I was younger, I valued my passionate side more.  As I grow in wisdom, I cling to the middle.    I cling to fairness and justice.  I cling to love and peace.  I cling to hopeful and faithful.  I cling to the possibilities a new year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment